Steel Building Overview
What most people are surprised about when seeing our carports in person is how solidly they are built. They can't believe that you can walk on the roof of a carport. Another nice feature about our carports is that they can be moved to another location at another date. Just call us and we will arrange to have a crew go out to disassemble, load your carport on a truck, move it to the new location and assemble it at your new site.
Frequently Asked Questions About Carports
1. Our #1 question asked, "Does the price for the carport on the following pages include shipping, anchoring and installation within the normal service area?"
Yes, yes and yes. The specific prices on the following pages for car ports include anchoring, shipping and installation on your level site within our normal service area. Prices may vary a bit according to the state your located in.
2. The second most frequently asked question about the installation of your metal carport, "How long before my carport is installed?"
Usually installed in 2-6 weeks.
3. Can I have my carport custom sized; I don't see the size I need!
Yes. For example you may need a carport that is 21' wide x 23' long. We will make it that size. To determine the cost it would be the exact same cost as the next larger standard size carport. So, for this example it would be the same cost as a 22' wide x 26' long carport. This formula would apply in every circumstance.
4. Does a color choice add to the cost of my carport or RV port?
No, you may choose any of our 13 different colors. You may choose one color for the roof, a different color for the trim, a different color for the sides and if a gable end is desired a different color for it at no additional charge. You may also choose to make all of the colors the same on your structure, it's your choice.
5. Can I buy the carport materials or carport kit and assemble it myself?
Yes in some instances the carport materials are available. If it is, just deduct 5% from the prices quoted on the following pages. All materials will be delivered to your home. You cannot pick up materials under any circumstances. No assembly instructions are provided. This is your choice if you decide to purchase and assemble yourself (not our recommendation).
6. Is there a discount if I purchase more than one auto cover or RV carport?
No, there are no quantity discounts.
7. What is the warranty for our metal car ports?
14 gauge carports come with a 30 day workmanship warranty.
12 gauge carports come with a 20 year warranty against rust through on the frame,
assuming normal care and maintenance and the 30 day workmanship warranty.
There are no other warranties stated or implied.
8. What is the gauge and size of the metal frame and sheet metal?
14 gauge galvanized steel framing; square measures 2 1/2"x 2 1/2"
12 gauge galvanized steel framing; square measures 2 1/4"x 2 1/4"
29 gauge steel panels in 13 different colors.
9. Do you make carports longer than what is on your price list?
We'll make carports as long as you need.
10. Do I need a permit?
You may depending on your local zoning regulations or rural location.
11. What if I want to just get a carport now, and later on have installers come back and put sides on to make a garage? Is that possible?
Yes that is no problem. There would just be an additional return trip fee if the order is less than $500 plus the cost of the options you were having installed at a later date.
12. How tall does this need to be to cover my motor home or camper?
The number one mistake people make is they get them too tall for RV's. If you were in the pouring rain with an umbrella in your hand, would you hold the umbrella as high as you could or hold it down close to your head for added protection from the elements?... Even the tallest RV's on the market today are 12'6" tall to the top of the A/C.
13. Who installs my carport?
Factory trained installation teams deliver the materials and assemble the carport immediately upon arrival in your area.
14. I have other questions or concerns. How can I talk to someone?
Call our knowledgeable staff at 805-434-3900 Monday through Friday 9-5.
15. Do you provide rain gutters?
No, we offer no rain gutters.
16. What width carport is good for 2 cars?
Most people prefer a carport width of at least 20' wide for 2 cars, although some report that 18' wide is sufficient.
17. Do I need to do any site preparation?
Remove anything out of the way that would impede the progress of the installation. Clearly mark the four corners of the carport location and level the spot if necessary.
18. How many braces are included?
All carports come standard with peak braces and a minimum of 4 corner braces.
19. What is the difference between 14 and 12 gauge framing?
Both are galvanized steel. However, the wall thickness of the 12 gauge framing is 3 hundredths of an inch thicker.
20. What is the roof pitch on my carport?
Most box eve style carports, the roof pitch is approximately 4:12.
Most regular style carports, the roof pitch is approximately 3:12.
21. What is the post spacing?
For 12' to 24' wide carports the post are spaced no more than every 5' apart.
For 26' to 30' wide carports the post are spaced no more than every 4'.
22. Can I have this installed on a wood floor or deck?
23. Is the Box Eve style or the Regular style stronger?
There is no difference in strength.
24. How long does it take to assemble?
Carports can take anywhere from 1 - 8 hours to assemble depending on the options that were ordered.
25. How tall will my gable end be?
The bottom of the gable end is typically the same height as the legs.
26. How close can I put this carport to another structure, building or fence?
There is no hard and fast rule. However, keep in mind that there will have to be enough room for the installers to attach the sheet metal to the sides with their screw guns and set their ladders for taller structures.
27. If I order a side panel, how far down the side will it go, or how much coverage would I expect?
Side panels will come down 3' (three feet). So if you order one side panel, you will have three feet of coverage. If you order two side panels, you will have six feet of coverage. Etc.
28. How is my carport anchored to my concrete slab?
Holes are drilled into your concrete slab. Then wedge anchors are inserted through pre-drilled holes in the base rail of your carport into the holes in the concrete and securely fastened for a secure hold.
29. How is my carport anchored to asphalt?
32" long anchors are inserted through pre-drilled holes in the base rail. A small hole is made in your asphalt and the anchor is driven into the ground with a sledge hammer under the asphalt.
30. How is my carport anchored to the ground or dirt?
32" long anchors are inserted through pre-drilled holes in the base rail. The anchors are driven into the ground with a sledge hammer for a secure hold.
31. How is my carport anchored to a wood deck or other wood surface?
Lag bolts are inserted through pre-drilled holes in the carport base rails and screwed down into the wood surface for a secure hold.
Copyright © 2015 Embers Fireplaces & Grills